See the guy rocking the beard in all of our grill maintenance videos? That’s Matt Fitts, our go-to systems engineer. Matt is always on the ball helping with operations, quality control, shipping & receiving, technical support, & so much more. We’re here to learn more about him.
1. Where is your hometown?
2. Tell us about how you came to Grilla Grills.
I was actually at Grilla Grills before it became Grilla Grills. I started at Fahrenheit Technologies as a systems engineer making wood pellet furnaces. As the story goes, Fahrenheit Technologies then used that technology to create wood pellet grills. When the Grilla was made in 2011, I stayed on board to help grow Grilla Grills.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
The people. Everyone I work with are just genuinely good people. Not to mention, the customers and people we partner with are just enjoyable to be around.
4. What are you doing when you’re not at work?
Anything to fill my time. There’s always housework to be done. But I love hanging out with my kids. I’m active in my church and recently started running.
5. Where is your favorite place to visit?
The beach. That might be a pretty common answer, but it’s true!
6. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Hmmm probably something along the lines of don’t rush into things.
7. What is your favorite thing to grill?
Ribs are up there as some of my favorites.
8. Grilla, Silverbac, or Kong?
The OG!!! Original Grilla.
9. Is a hotdog a sandwich?
That’s a trick question. Depends if it has a bun or not.
10. If you had a pet gorilla, what would you name it?