STEAK & PEPPER RECIPE
We absolutely LOVE getting feedback from our customers. We received this recipe from Erica L. and couldn’t help but share!
STEAK & PEPPER RECIPE
- 1 ½ pound flank steak, cut in to bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated, or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Garlic, minced (roughly 6 cloves)
- 3 bell peppers, any color, cut in to cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion cut equal to the peppers
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 ¼ tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (I like to use ¼ teaspoon)
- ¼ cup (roughly) of water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Set the grill to 475°, placing the cast iron pan on the grill at start up. You want the pan to get as hot as possible
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the beef in a separate bowl and drizzle the marinade over the meat. Do not use all the marinade, we will need this for a later step. At this point, I made sure all the meat was tossed in the marinade and topped with a small amount of red pepper flakes for that little extra kick, salt and pepper. Cover and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes
- Add in the ginger, either fresh or ground, and minced garlic to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate to use later
- After allowing the meat time to marinate, and the pan to get hot, your grill should have settled in to the desired 475°. I like to bring all my ingredients outside with me, so I am ready to go for each step. Part of making these easy meals, even easier!
- Add a little bit of oil to the bottom of the pan, then add in the meat and allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes. Watch this step, because you just want to get the meat to your desired temp, so the timing may vary. Stirring occasionally. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside
- Add in the onions and peppers and allow to cook until your desired tenderness, stirring occasionally.
- Add the steak back to the pan, stir the marinade as it may have settled some, and add that to the pan. Stirring to ensure everything is covered. Let everything cook together for about 5-10 minutes
- Remove from grill and ENJOY!
Steak and Peppers/div>