SMOKED CREAMED SPINACH
- 12oz bag frozen spinach
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup and minced white onion
- 9 slices shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup and 2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the spinach and stir in the heavy cream. Sprinkle in the provolone and parmesan cheese and stir to melt and coat the spinach. Place the pan on the grill at 350-400 degrees and stir every 5min until the mixture has thickened. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.