Chicken Bacon Ranch Kabobs
This is the perfect pellet grill recipe that’s great as a tailgating dish or appetizer. They also are fantastic in a wrap with a piece of lettuce and cheddar cheese.
- 1-2 Packets of dry ranch dressing seasoning
- 3 TB Grilla AP Rub
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 6 skewers (if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for an hour)
- 1/3 C Grilla Grills Kongo Kick sauce
After your chicken has been cubed add the dry ranch mix to them and toss to coat well. If you want a subtle ranch flavor use one packet; if you want a more prominent ranch flavor use two packets.
Set this aside in the refrigerator. The colder the chicken is the easier it is to slide on the skewers.
Preheat your Grilla Grill to 275-300 degrees. Start the kabobs by threading on a piece of onion, then thread the end of one piece of bacon on the skewer and leave the rest hanging, then thread on a piece of chicken. Repeat this process weaving the bacon between the chicken pieces.
You will have to slowly work from the top of the skewer sliding down each piece. Take your time and space the pieces evenly. You will end up using about 5 pieces of chicken per kabob.
Cap the skewer with a second piece of onion to keep everything secure. Dust entire skewer with rub. Cook the skewers, turning every 20 minutes until chicken and bacon are nicely browned on both sides. Depending on how thick you cut your chicken it will take about an hour and twenty minutes to cook. Be sure to check each piece of chicken with a thermometer to ensure doneness.
Once the chicken is almost to your target temp, brush on your sauce. This last step is not required, but the bbq sauce does taste very good on the skewers.
Your New Favorite Low-Fat, High-Fuel Smoker Grill Recipe
Have you been trying hard to stay on the good side of your doctor, as well as the scale? A smoker grill makes it so much easier to enjoy all the lighter foods you need without losing any flavor. In fact, recipes like these BBQ chicken skewers make staying on a healthier track simpler and more convenient than ever.
Want to coax new flavors out of this basic bacon ranch chicken skewer recipe? Try these alternatives that are still healthful without removing an ounce of taste:
- Experiment with a different flavor of pre-packaged dressing mix. You may even want to invent your own. Nothing promotes a little scientific study more than a hungry belly!
- Add other veggies into the skewer mix. In addition to the onions, try yellow bell peppers, green zucchini rounds, cherry tomatoes or carrot chunks. Go ahead — get the nutrition you need to keep your pitmaster soul happy.
- Try natural skewers for a twist. Did you know that rosemary stalks can be transformed into grill skewers? They infuse your recipes with intense flavors while remaining eco-friendly.
- Mix up the meat by adding chunks of beef or seafood. A little variety truly is the spice of life, especially when it comes to grilling!
Serve Up BBQ Chicken Skewers Any Time
Chicken bacon ranch kabobs on the grill are perfectly suited for tailgating parties and picnics. They also make great pick-me-up lunches and fast dinners. Plus, they can be created ahead of time if you’re going somewhere and promise to bring a dish that just about anyone will love.
Why order takeout again when you can whip up some BBQ chicken bacon skewers in no time? When you choose homemade recipes, you always know what you’re putting in your body. And you have the freedom to work with any ingredients in your pantry, fridge or freezer. Hey, even a midnight snack of BBQ chicken skewers makes sense if you want a really late dinner that will not bog you down!