Char Siu Baby Back Ribs
Shout out to Adam B. for this awesome spin on baby back ribs!
- 1/3 c hoisin sauce
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin (may substitute Sake, or a sweet white wine)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sambal Chili Paste (or Siracha)
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 3/4 tsp red food coloring (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 c hoisin
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 1 tsp sambal chili paste or siracha (more or less depending on heat preference)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
Directions: Combine all marinade ingredients, and whisk to combine.
Cut baby back ribs in to 2 bone sections. This increases the surface
area for the marinade to impart more flavor
Place ribs and marinade in a zip top back, removing as much air as
possible, and marinate for at least 4 hours. Marinate overnight if
Remove ribs, and reserve marinade.
Place ribs on smoker at 250F. Do not touch for the first 2 hours.
Combine reserved marinade and additional basting liquid ingredients into a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
At the 2 hour mark, baste ribs with basting liquid, and repeat every
30 minutes, until ribs are tender, approximately 4 hours.
Cut ribs sections into individual ribs, garnish with sesame seeds and