Classic Carolina Dry BBQ Rub
You might as well be sitting on the front porch in Charleston drinking one of their famed “porch pounders” when you taste this rub. It works extremely well with pork, lamb, beef, and chicken and it’s unique flavor is unmistakable. With a strong flavor of paprika up front and a nice amount of heat on the finish, you can not go wrong with this classic rub!
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully incorporated. The rub will be ready for use immediately or can be stored, in an air tight container, for up to one year.