Coffee BBQ Rub
Coffee and meat; this rub must have been invented by a cowboy, for sure! Surprisingly this rub, despite a few of its more unusual ingredients, goes well on everything from steak to chicken. The flavors work very well to together as the coffee and the chocolate give it a lot of richness and the cayenne pepper, a natural paring with chocolate, gives it an exciting finish.
- 1/4 cup ground coffee
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated. The rub is ready to be used immediately or can be stored, in an air tight container, for up to one year.