Straight from the Texas hill country to your kitchen table, this recipe is easy to put together and it doesn’t require a cowboy hat and a pair of Wranglers to make. This delicious dish is comprised of black-eyed peas, beans, corn, fresh herbs, and plenty of other goodies that are sure to make your taste buds two step! So hey there partner, give this one a try and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup of Italian dressing
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1 (15oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels (about 3-4 corn cobs)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
In a large bowl, combine al of the ingredients, except for the scallions, and mix until well incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours; overnight is even better. Garnish with the scallions and serve. ENJOY!