Curried Cashew, Pear, and Grape Salad
This salad is great in the fall with the sweet pears, curry spiced cashews and grapes. The goat cheese also pairs extremely well with the sweet fruits and curry, so it is an all-around winner. Try this salad as a side dish or even make it a light lunch and, as always, ENJOY!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 6 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 3 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grapes, cut in halves
- 1 head butter Bibb lettuce, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Champaign vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
In a sauté pan melt the butter and toss in the cashews; toast the nuts until golden and season with the curry .
Remove the toasted and seasoned nuts from the heat and let them cool to room temperature; reserve.
In large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well to incorporate.
Serve and ENJOY!