RATATOUILLE ORIGINAL RECIPE WITH HALLOUMI CHEESE
A recipe with colors that match the season. This traditional French vegetable casserole has been made by French chefs time and time again. As summer turns into fall, you can take advantage of the many vegetables at local farmer’s markets. Take this traditional recipe for ratatouille with cheese to the next level with your pellet grill. Thanks for this awesome fall recipe, David!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Roasted Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Herbs de Province
- 1 Jar Marinara
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Green Zucchini's
- 2 Yellow Zucchini’s
- 2 Red Onions
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 6 Large Cap (stuffing) Mushrooms
- 2 Packages Halloumi Cheese
- Slice all vegetables and cheese 1/4 inch thick.
- Add jar of marinara to a 10” round (or square) baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Place one of each vegetable including cheese together until pan is full.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper, crushed roasted garlic and herbs de province.
- Set Grill to 225 degrees and bake uncovered for 2 hours
- Increase temp to 375 degrees for another 30 to 45 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove and serve hot or cold as a fantastic fall harvest side dish.
- TIP…. leftovers can be blitzed in a processor with chicken broth to make a healthy vegetable stew!