Grilla Grills Bourbon Chili
What is better than a warm bowl of chili and a great glass of bourbon on a cold day? Well, here at Grilla Grills we decided to to combine the two for a chili recipe that is guaranteed to knock the chill off! Though bourbon can technically come from anywhere in the United States, we are throwing a shout out to our friends in Kentucky for the great job that they do. So join us for a bowl of “Michatucky” chili and do not forget to leave enough whiskey left over for a small nip or two!
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cans of red kidney beans; 1 drained and 1 undrained
- One 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup high quality bourbon (suggestion: Four Roses)
- 1 cup beef bones broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1.) In a large pot or skillet, heat some vegetable oil and brown the meat evenly on all sides; remove from heat and reserve.
2.) In the same pot or skillet, cook the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3.) Add the bourbon and reduce by half.
4. ) Return the meat to the pot or skillet and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the mint.
5.) Bring the chili mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
6.) Cover and let simmer for three hours OR until the meat is fork tender.
7.) Remove from heat, serve in a bowl, garnish with the mint, and ENJOY!!!