Grilla Grills Carolina Style Pulled Chicken
Although pulled pork seems to be all the rage, pulled chicken can be just as tasty. Our Carolina style pulled chicken recipe allows you to get the best of all worlds with a pulled meat sensation straight from your smoker grill.
Rev up the Grilla or Silverbac. It’s time for some Carolina pulled chicken!
- Chicken Breasts (4)
- 6 Tbsp. Grilla Grills What Da Cluck Rub
- Olive Oil or Mustard (Optional)
- Grilla Grills Gold 'N Bold Sauce
- White Vinegar (Optional)
How to Serve Carolina BBQ Chicken
This is one of those brilliant go-to recipes that every pitmaster needs. Why? It’s dependable and versatile.
Once you’ve shredded and seasoned your pulled chicken, you have so many serving and eating options available:
- Create some grilled Carolina pulled chicken sliders. Bonus points if you top your micro-handhelds with homemade slaw fresh from your kitchen.
- Top a homemade seasonal salad with BBQ chicken. This is a mouthwatering way to up your protein intake. It’s also a great use of any Carolina pulled chicken leftovers.
- Grill up a unique pizza that includes pulled chicken, fresh mozzarella cheese and grilled pineapple slices.
Let your imagination go wild as you experiment with all the dishes you can whip up when you have Carolina-style BBQ chicken on hand.
Swaps for Your Pulled Chicken
We’re all about swapping out ingredients in our recipes, and this one definitely presents you with some swappable possibilities:
- Use turkey instead of chicken. Turkey shreds the same way chicken does, making it a terrific and reliable substitution. Many grocers offer discounts on turkey breasts, especially after major holidays.
- Try a different Grilla Grills sauce, or make your preferred homemade sauce to drizzle on your pulled chicken.
- Use different seasonings every time you make your pulled chicken. We love our What Da Cluck rub, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only rub in town. You might even want to make your own signature rub out of the spices in your pantry.
- Toss in some shaved or finely chopped veggies into your pulled chicken for a crunchier texture. You’ll get a few more nutrients with every bite, too.
This is one lean, mean picnic favorite. It’s great for tailgates or laid-back gatherings — or just a fun Wednesday night dinner. Bookmark our Carolina pulled chicken recipe so you can check it out the next time you’re constructing a winning menu.
Just made this dish? Tell us what you think! We love to hear reviews on all our recipes featured on the Grilla Grills website. Your comments help us deliver tips and grilling ideas.