Grilla Grills Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce
This sauce packs a punch and it screams Kansas City with its tomato base and prevalent use of molasses. It has a nice kick at the end and it works perfectly with burnt ends; a Kansas City staple.
- 1 14 oz. can of crushed tomotoes
- 1 cup of tomato ketchup
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry yellow mustard
1.) Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil; whisking very frequently.
2.) Reduce the boil to a simmer and let cook for 20-30 minutes; stirring frequently, to avoid burning the sugars.
3.) Remove from the heat and let come to room temperature. The sauce is ready for use right away or can be stored, in the refrigerator, for up to one month.