Grilled Veggie Skewers Recipe
We love our smoked meats as much as the next grilla. But you don’t just have to be an herbivore to love grilled vegetables. Especially when they’re smoked well and dripping in dressing. Add the pop of perfectly seasoned rub and suddenly grilled meat just got a new best friend.
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- ½-lb whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ C Italian dressing
- 2 TB Grilla AP Rub
- 8 skewers
If using wooden skewers soak in water for 15min.
Combine Italian dressing and rub in a zip-top bag large enough to fit your skewers with veggies and shake to combine.
Place your veggies on the skewers and then into the zip-top bag. Gently shake the bag to coat the veggies. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat Grilla to 300 degrees.
Remove skewers from bag and place them on the Grilla Grill. Use remaining dressing mixture to baste the veggies as they cook. Turn the veggies every 10 minutes until you are happy with color.
Remove from grill and serve.
Go Big and Eat at Home With Grilled Veggie Skewers
Who says that vegetables have to take a backseat to meat, seafood and poultry? They can take center stage when they are done right. And believe us — these grilled vegetable skewers are ready for their close-up!
Not only do they cook fast, but they are tasty beyond words. What makes our grilled vegetable skewers so doggone unforgettable? Beyond the deliciousness of the veggies themselves, our Grilla AP rub certainly helps. Mixed with your favorite Italian dressing or homemade balsamic and olive oil creation, these skewers will please family and guests.
Serve up your grilled veggie skewers at your next picnic, party, lunch, brunch or dinner. Looking for ways to swap and change your grilled vegetable skewers recipe? Try these ideas:
- Change the veggies every time. As long as your veggies can hold up to being skewered, they are fair game for your Grilla smoker! Try everything from different onion types to big pieces of celery or even jicama. You can also use fruits other than pineapple. Just make sure you cut large enough chunks of whatever you are using.
- Use different wood pellet flavors. You already know that our amazing array of wood pellets allows you to alter the nuances of the smoke that penetrates and cooks your food. Experiment with everything from mesquite to apple flavors to give your grilled veggie skewers new life.
- Try other Grilla rubs or sauces. Feeling like you want something other than the Grilla AP rub? Go for it! Buy some sauces and baste your grilled veggie skewers after cooking for exceptional results!
As a final note, you may want to invest in reusable metal skewers rather than disposables. That way, you always have skewers ready to go for your Grilla creations and hungry crowd!