Grilled Zucchini and Squash Summer Salad
This salad has the dog days of summer written all over it! It can be served hot or cold, and it features light and extremely refreshing ingredients for those intense days in July and August. It has a wonderful blend of fresh vegetables, nuts, balsamic vinaigrette, and the always popular ricotta cheese.
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 zucchini, ends cut off and cut into 1/4 inch planks
- 2 squash, ends cut off and cut into 1/4 inch planks
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, diced (OPTIONAL)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
1.) Rub the prepared zucchini and squash planks with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2.) Grill the vegetables for 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
3.) If serving the salad cold then let the vegetables cool to room temperature and then place in the frig before proceeding to the next steps.
4.) In a bowl, place the grilled vegetables, tomatoes, pecans, balsamic dressing, salt, pepper, and seasoning; lightly toss.
5.) Place the salad on a plate and top with the ricotta.