Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 14.4 oz. bag pearl onions
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Au Jus prep beef
- 1 Tbsp. Marsala
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
Preheat your Grilla to 350 degrees. Hickory pellets are suggested, but other flavors will work. Toss onions and mushrooms with Au Jus prep beef in a bowl. Add Marsala and kosher salt. Move them to a shallow pan, add melted butter, and place them in the Grilla for 20 minutes. Add one tbsp. of butter after it is cooked to thicken the sauce.
Making Irresistible Onions and Mushrooms on the Grill
When you learn how to make grilled mushrooms and onions, you’ll have a solid go-to recipe for any picnic, gathering, party, you name it. Plus, you won’t have to deal with all the complaining that comes with side dishes that make everyone break their diets. Grilled mushrooms and onions are one of the healthiest side dishes you can make — and with the mouth-watering sauce listed above, one of the tastiest too!
Going Keto? Onions and Mushrooms Are Your New Best Friend
Mushrooms are a keto dieters dream. They’re low-carb and contain B vitamins, beta-glucans and minerals such as potassium, copper and selenium. Beta-glucans are naturally occurring polysaccharides thought to stimulate the immune system by enhancing macrophages and natural killer cell function.
Mushrooms offer an earthy and delicious side dish to accompany almost any protein. Take bacon, for example. Adding premium smoked bacon to a grilled mushroom and onion side dish will be one of the easiest low carb side dishes you’ll ever make. A mushroom and onion grilled dish will also pump up the flavor in these ways:
- Over a chicken breast or grilled steak
- When incorporated into a creamy pasta alfredo dish
- Inside a patty melt
- On a grilled hamburger
- Inside an omelet
- As a pizza topping
- As a side dish to pretty much any meal
Make Grilled Mushrooms and Onions at Your Next Family Gathering
We’re talking about extended family, co-workers, friends — the more people at your gathering, the better! You’ll want to show off this grilled mushrooms and onions recipe on your impressive-looking Grilla Grill. Even the simplest of side dishes can be cooked to perfection with the aid of a rock-solid pellet grill that comes with all the wood-fired goodness and smoked barbecue flavor you could ask for.
Looking for ways to change your grilled mushrooms and onions recipe? Try these ideas:
- Try other Grilla rubs or sauces: Have the itch to try something other than the Au Jus prep beef, marsala, butter and kosher salt? Go for it! Baste your grilled mushrooms and onions in other oils like avocado oil and spices for extraordinary results!
- Use different wood pellet flavors: Experiment with everything from apple to mesquite flavors to give you and your guests an unforgettable side dish. Our wide range of wood pellets allows you to play around with the smoke that penetrates and cooks your food. Plus, you’ll be sure to taste the difference of Grilla Grill’s competition-grade hardwood smoke pellets.