Smoked Mac And Cheese
This smoked mac and cheese recipe from Tina the Grilla Girl is hearty and comes out hot, but your family might not be able to wait to dig in.
- 1 lb. Noodles
- 3 Tsp. Bouillon Powder
- Non-Stick Spray
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. heaping Dry Mustard
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 16 oz. Velveeta Cheese
- 4 C Shredded Cheese
- 2 C ½ + ½
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- Breadcrumbs or crushed crackers
In a large pan, boil water and add one pound of pasta of your choice. Add 2 tsp. bouillon. Cook noodles until al dente – or a little firm to the bite – and set aside. In warm pan, combine stick of butter, ½ tsp. pepper, ½ tsp. onion powder, and ½ tsp. dry mustard. Add cubed cream cheese and half a block of Velveeta. Place on low heat until melted. Add one cup of half and half and almost all of the cheese, setting aside a little for top. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, one cup of half and half, ½ tsp. dry mustard, ½ tsp. onion powder, ½ tsp. black pepper, and 1 tsp. bouillon. Stir mixture with cheese mixture until creamy, adding noodles. Spread into lightly greased cooking pan and top with extra cheese and breadcrumbs.
Making Irresistible Creamy Smoked Mac and Cheese
We admit it — our creamy grilled mac and cheese recipe is as unfair as it is gooey and delicious. For that reason, be prepared ahead of time to answer to all your family and friends who complain that you made them break their diets. Hey, how can you help but take advantage of this outstanding dish?
In all seriousness, when you learn how to make grilled mac and cheese, you’ll have a secret, surefire winner for any party or picnic. You will probably be asked to bring it to future celebrations, so be forewarned. Just embrace the fact that you are going to be seen as the mac and cheese smoker griller master.
What Can You Change to Make This Smoked Mac and Cheese Your Own?
Maybe you are a grilling visionary. Perhaps you just never like to make the same exact recipe twice. Whatever your reason, you will probably want to play around with other ways to make this creamy smoked mac and cheese.
Below are a few substitutions that will help you change the way this grilled mac and cheese tastes the next time you prepare it:
- Test different noodles. Just beware that homemade noodles may be too soft. Instead, opt for boxed pasta shapes you can cook to just a slight firmness.
- Go for various cheeses. The world of cheese is outstanding and large. Feel free to make substitutes for both the soft and harder cheeses in this recipe. For instance, instead of Velveeta, consider a sharp cheddar and mozzarella mix.
- Opt for different wood pellet flavors. From apple to cherry, we offer tons of wood pellet smells and smokes. Each kind will enhance your grilled mac and cheese in a unique way.
Make some smoked mac and cheese right now and give that boxed stuff the boot.