Southwestern BBQ Rub
We are not in Memphis or Kansas City anymore! Time to take this BBQ train to the southwest and infuse our rubs with some crushed red pepper, dried herbs, and other fun ingredients. This versatile rub works very well on most proteins, and has a little of that southwestern punch on the back end of the pallet. Try this the next time you are ready to fire up the smoker. ENJOY!
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients until well incorporated.
Store in an airtight container for up to one month, or use immediately.