Spatchcock Chick-a-Lickin Chicken
Thanks for this chick-a-lickin chicken recipe, Josh M.! I know what we’re making for lunch next week!
- 1 Whole chicken (about 3lbs)
- 2 tbsp Grilling Boards Chick-a-Lickin seasoning
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt (optional)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 XL Grilling Board (soak in water for at least 1 hour before grilling)
- Pre-heat your grill to 375°
- While your grill is heating up, Start by Spatchcocking the chicken then pat the skin dry with a paper towel.
- Now lightly coat the skin with olive oil.
- Next, SHAKE THAT SPICE and season the entire bird generously with the Chick-a-Lickin seasoning. You can also tuck some seasoning under the skin on the thighs and breasts.
- If you prefer, you lightly salt, the skin with the kosher salt. Remove your Grilling Board from the water and shake on a layer of Chick-a-Lickin seasoning directly on the board.
- If you’re cooking on a gas grill or charcoal, you can preheat your board over direct heat for a couple minutes before putting down the layer of seasoning.
- Now place your chicken on the Grilling Board. Tuck the wings back and arrange the legs.
- Cook with indirect heat for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes (larger chickens will take more time) or until internal temperature reaches at least 165° in the thigh, however 185° is recommended as it will increase the tenderness.
- Carefully remove the chicken while still on the board and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing!