“Why Should I Buy a Pellet Grill?”
Pellet Grills…Are They Really for You?
Let’s say this up front: ‘Yes.’ There’s a slight misconception among backyard grillers that pellet grills are only for the hardcore pit masters. But if you’re looking to buy a grill, it’s important to know that pellet grills offer a simple, clean, and consistent way to prepare a wide range of foods with great wood flavor. Any backyard griller can do just as well – if not better – with a pellet grill like the Silverbac or Grilla. These easy-to-operate backyard wonders can elevate the weekend charcoal-er to the neighborhood master.
Easier Than You Thought
As the name suggests, pellet grills burn small pellets sold in a variety of hardwoods to produce subtle differences in flavor. These pellets are poured into the grill’s pellet hopper and are fed by an auger to the fire pot. The fire pot itself uses fans and an igniter to create fire, which is then managed by a digital controller.
Many grillers end up buying a pellet grill because they provide the ease and cleanliness of a propane but with the flavor and taste of cooking over wood. To get started, simply press the power button on the digital control pad and the controller will deliver the pellets, the igniter will heat up, and the fans will set the correct conditions for fire creation. Next, just dial in your exact cooking temperature and you’re geared up to grill, all within a few minutes.
Pellet grills are highly precise in temperature control, cooking from 180 degrees up to 500 degrees. This allows the backyard cook to do everything from slow smoking a brisket or searing a steak to making hamburgers.
But Wait, There’s More…
…because pellet grills produce an indirect, convection-like heat, they require no more attention than a conventional oven. So if you want to make delicious grilled wings and eat them too, without missing the best play of the football game, choose a pellet grill. If you ever wanted a beautiful rack of ribs but don’t really think tending a fire outside on the 4th of July sounds much like a holiday, then pellet grilling is for you. And if you want the flavor of great food but don’t have the time to tend a charcoal grill, pellets are definitely for you.
We’ll Break It Down:
- Ease / Convenience – One button start up and temperature control eliminates starter fluid. No need to run to the local station to trade in your propane.
- Efficiency – You can cook for about 20 hrs per 20 lbs. of pellets. Pellets range from $15-20 per bag depending on brand and place of purchase. When you do the math you will find that pellet cooking typically costs less than a comparably sized gas grill.
- Accuracy – Most stay within 10 degrees of the set temperature, no matter if its 10 degrees or 110 degrees outside.
- Versatility – Whether you want to grill some hot dogs or slow smoke a rib roast, pellet grills can do it all with ease.
- Flavor – There just isn’t an easier way to get the flavor of wood smoked food than with a pellet grill. Try it and you’ll taste the difference.
If you’re in the market to buy a grill, you will find our grills are priced to maximize value versus quality. We believe in building a great product and standing behind it. Give ’em a try and we know you won’t go back to your gas grilling ways.